~~~LIMITED OPENING OF CLUBHOUSE & BAR FROM SATURDAY 6 JUNE~~~
From this Saturday [6 June] the clubhouse and bar will be open on the following days:
To enable this to happen, the Commissioner for Liquor and Gaming has applied certain restrictions, which must be followed by everyone, and remain in force until further notice:
- A strict maximum of 20 patrons seated in the clubhouse;
- Patrons must record their name, address, and phone number on a sheet upon entering the clubhouse; this is a mandatory requirement of the Chief Health Officer;
- Patrons must be seated, and remain so for the duration; and
- Table service only
As a courtesy to other members, please be mindful of the time you are spending in the clubhouse, as others may we waiting for a cold drink.
President ~ Bundaberg Golf Club
The Qld Chief Medical Officer has been consulted by Clubs Queensland, and is of the opinion that we are able to continue playing golf – on the proviso that guidelines are strictly adhered to.
¤ SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES ARE TO BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO.
¤ MAXIMUM NUMBERS PER GROUP OF FOUR.
¤ ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL ON THE COURSE – WITH NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER.
(There was someone who did the wrong thing at Cairns course, and they were shut down.)
We are now re-opening our course on the following basis:
- You must contact the Pro Shop (4151 6706) prior to coming to the course, to book your tee time.
- Anyone wanting a game needs to contact the Pro shop to book a time. There will be times allocated at a minimum of 7 minutes apart. This will negate the social gathering problem around the clubhouse.
- Maximum numbers per group will be four. No sharing of carts (with the exception of life partners, or family under the same roof)
- We WILL be having competition days on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
- There are limited places on Saturday so make sure you contact the Pro Shop (4151 6706). If you put your name down and fail to turn up you have probably taken someone else’s chance to play, so please also contact the Pro Shop if you find you cannot play.
- Electronic time sheets are in the process of being set up in our system, emails will be forwarded to members with more information, please be sure your email address is up to date, contact the club if changes need to be made.
- Make sure you place your card in the box provided. We will not be chasing up missing cards!!!!
Along with committee members, course staff and Pro Shop staff will be policing this, we will be using a Course Marshall to ensure compliance. Anyone who does not follow the rules will be removed from the course.
We are doing this to support everyone’s physical and mental well-being, while at the same time doing the right thing by the wider community and adhering to the guidelines.
(Bear in mind – this is a fluid situation and can change again tomorrow – but we are doing whatever we can to help members get some play.)
COMMITTEE – BUNDABERG GOLF CLUB
* * * * *
ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS
A number of players have been entering the golf course to play or to practice on the Practice Fairway without reporting
to the Pro Shop to register prior to playing or practicing. All players are required to report to the Pro shop to register prior to playing/practicing so that the Club has a record of who is on the course for insurance purposes. If you do not register you are in fact trespassing on the course. In respect to volunteer workers on the course you must report/contact our Course Superintendent Dylan Keam prior to going onto the course.Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.
(By order of the Committee)
There is always ”volunteer” work to do around the course, including the garden beds, so if you are “free” – give Dylan Keam our Greens superintendent a call on 0401 240 204 to offer your services. Working bee every Monday 8:00 am for Weed Wanderers, phone Lyal O’ Shanesy on 4159 3923 for further details and offers of help
FRIDAY ARVO GOLF
GOLF CLUB NEWSLETTER
If you would like to be kept up to date with the latest news and information about happenings at your club, including Open Days and Carnivals, special events and Corporate Days, please advise the office of your current e-mail address.
IF YOU HAVE ANY NEWS OR WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION POSTED TO THIS WEBSITE: Please Contact Lesley Loveday P: 4152 4360 or Email: email@example.com